Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

7.15.2010

Day One of Utah-L.A. Move: Don't Turn Around!

Today as I was driving down to Vegas, I got to Manti and my stomach felt incredibly sick. I couldn’t decide what it was: that I was homesick already, or because I had driven past such a densely Mormon city (haha, bad joke, I know, whatever, lol).

All kidding aside, I knew there was something going on inside of me -- something that I didn't necessarily want to congront. Because I could tell I didn't want to confront it, I knew that I had to. I immediately picked up the phone and texted Sarah Brown. I told her I wanted to puss out and turn around and it was taking every piece of my fortitude to continue driving South. She coached me around selling out and being in hype and being one with what is, and challenged me to coach myself. That was the key. So many of my friends would simple console (which, by the way, I am grateful for). So many of my friends would simply provide me with bitter feedback (which I am also grateful for, to an extent). The key to my forward movement in my discourse with Sarah is that after she did both of those things, she finished by challenging me to coach myself.

Because of that, I identified for myself that I really wanted to keep going to L.A., I was just scared of the unknown. I was scared of being (virtually, though not wholly) on my own in a new city and I was scared of not being able to take care of (and HELP -- thank you, Sarah's Feedback) my mom and other loved ones in Salt Lake. And I identified that if all of that is REALLY (TRULY) important to me, I will create: I will attract to me the money that is necessary to visit my loved ones whenever I want (or feel the need), and am also right now becoming aware that I can still nurture my relationships via telecommunication (thank god for Facebook and Skype!)

So I finished out my day of driving with a stop in Las Vegas to visit the beautiful one and only Karli Markovitz! I got to relax there and chat (unfortunately briefly) with my Vegas-Love and then headed out to L.A. the next morning as she headed off to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)