Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

4.08.2010

Final Thoughts of Wed. April 7th, 2010

What I’ve learned today from cooking:

1. When you cook white wine with cheese, and then let it cool afterward, it IMMEDIATELY hardens into an immovable, flan-like substance. Whether you shake it up and down, or turn it upside down or sideways, it will still NOT MOVE. However, if and only if you shake it like you do a pancake or an omelet, then it will move and suddenly return to the fluid, runny mess it was before it cooled!
2. When cooking Manchego cheese, your house WILL smell like a foot…or more like a sweaty locker room……Hmm, when I think about it that way, it doesn’t seem to be such a bad thing…
3. That Ricotta cheese will evidently NEVER change its shape…Even after 30 minutes of boiling and simmering, it retains its exact form. WHAT?? Haha.
4. Cooking makes me feel alive, and is cathartic for me. After a long, arduous day of struggle, I can come home and cook, and even if what I’m cooking doesn’t turn out perfectly or even decently (haha), I still feel really good about my accomplishments, and that’s very different from basically anything else in my life. Man, I feel kind of like Julie and Julia! Haha!

Love Peace Love



P.S. -- these are my favorite quotes from last night's Realtime podcast:

Bill Maher: “What do you think about Sarah Palin?”
Gore Vidal: “I don’t think about her at all!”

“I’ve heard about it, but I’ve never practiced true love.” – Gore Vidal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)