Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

4.22.2010

My Veins Is All

Tonight was a very productive night! I went to a Pride meeting, got myself checked for AIDS (negative, woot!), came home and made a delicious dinner (Poor Man’s Lasagna – an accidental and VERY happy discovery!), planned out my (very productive) day for tomorrow, planned out my weekend a little bit, wrote a song called “Indie Is All” and mapped out the road I need to take in my creation of a new travel-education show for kids and teens called “The First Step” [tentative title] that I plan on hosting! Whew, good thing I don’t have a significant other or kids to have to plan into my days and nights...otherwise things might get a little hectic around here!

I’m glad to have created a song last night...I have recently created a goal for myself to write more lyrics. A few days ago, a friend gave me feedback, saying that my biggest strength in his perception is my ability to write. He told me to find ways to monetize my blog (which I’ve since done) and suggested I focus myself on writing. I decided one way I could do that is with the blog, yes, and I can also do so by creating examples of my great writing in other avenues, as well. I’m STILL writing a self-discovery pamphlet I’ve been working on since winter, but I’m having writer’s block there, so I thought “Hey, why not reconnect yourself with music?”

I have a huge affinity for music (though “affinity” isn’t even a strong enough word) – music courses through my veins in a higher percentage than blood, I think. Snow Patrol and Ani DiFranco’s lyrics make me shiver whenever I hear ANY of their songs, because they are all written so beautifully and deeply and subtly…and I believe this is because I have the ability to write as lyrically as they. I believe my skin tingles while listening to them as a way of telling me “Dude, you can write this well...stop idolizing and put yourself into action!” and then of course I neglect the message because self-sabotage is my M.O. ☺ I can’t say I will ever become as recognized as they are, or that I will follow songwriting through to the point of deep, long-lasting success in it, but I do know it is something in which I excel and enjoy. So why not relish myself in it then, right? And if the product of my creation ends up being money, then good on me! ☺

“Indie Is All” is a really sweet song and I am surprised at how it just came up and out of me. All in all, it took me about 15 or 20 minutes to complete – like I said, music is always in me! After I finish this blog, I think I may go put pen to paper again, as I feel like there is something else inside of me longing to get out. But who knows, that could just be something easily cured with masturbation ☺ Hmm, there’s a good topic to sign off with:

What do you think about masturbation? Do you believe it is A) a simple means of releasing sexual energy, B) an impediment to our ability to create, as it releases valuable core energy from our bodies, or C) something else entirely? Leave your comments below! ☺

1 comment:

  1. Almost everything is masturbation in one form another based on the criteria you set. Take writing, or working out, or engaging in conversation. All expend energy and all stimulate and exhaust to some extent. So maybe the question is less one of analysis and more one of impulse. Of course, it should go without saying that each has an appropriate time and place. For example, it may not be wise to engage in conversation in a public place where others can see you.
    KB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)