Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

7.02.2009

Change, the Concept of "Right," and Love

On Integrating Change:

Change is a very interesting force. If I could change the concept of "The Elements" and make my change into mainstream thought, I would include "Change" as an Element -- much like Eastern philosophies include "Chi".

I've always struggled against change, trying to control it, thinking I knew better -- not trusting that where it may take me will lead me to somewhere I enjoy much more than my current station. It's like I bought a ticket for a 12:15 train going from Salt Lake to New York (or Montauk, if that works better for you), but I refuse to board until the 2:15 one rolls around so I could make sure that the trains that left during those two hours certainly went to New York/Montauk.

Or perhaps more apropos: I refuse to listen to the train station workers giving me direction and instead mistakenly board the train heading to San Francisco, then the one going to Denver, then to Alberta, then to Iowa, until I finally choose to let down my walls and listen to the workers and finally travel in the "right" direction.


What Is Right?

It is my dominant hand. It is the direction I prefer most to turn. It is not what I feel I currently am. It feels like justice as well as injustice. Those with holy works will be receive on the Right Hand of God. I should read my Bible more so I can quote that analogy more correctly, with more confidence of certainty. Right is "should." Right is not Left. Until you choose Right two more times. I wonder if there is any correlation here with the saying "One step forward, 2 steps back"?

Right is perfection and conformity. Right is white, which is beaming, glorious, pure light; Right, is in fact, one initial "B" away from "Bright." Interestingly, it is also one initial "F" from "Fright." Right is Heaven, as Wrong is Hell: specifically, emotionally and graphically similar to Ketut's description of such in "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. Right, as you drift down the Amazon and approach a fork, is the sunny, beautiful, Snow-White-forest-buddies-
esque path, while Wrong (Left) is the dark and gloomy, Snow-White's-woodsmen-returning-with-the-heart-esque path.


What is Love, and (Why) do we "need" it?

Love is the music to the poetry of our lives. We "need" it because it assists us in moving.

Accomplishment means I love myself. When "accomplishment" turns to service, it means I love myself and others. When "accomplishment" and "service" integrate into the poetry of life, this transcends generosity to exemplify the grace that is the purity of Being. The beauty that results is the music of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)