Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

7.03.2009

Your Personal Brand, Pt. 1

Many of us have probably heard of a personal brand. For those that haven't, it's high time you had, so here is the OFFICIAL definition:

"Personal branding describes the process by which individuals and entrepreneurs differentiate themselves and stand out from a crowd by identifying and articulating their unique value proposition, whether professional or personal, and then leveraging it across platforms with a consistent message and image to achieve a specific goal."
(Source: http://personalbrandingwiki.pbworks.com/FrontPage)

I have begun my own individual personal branding project. For me, it's like a very well-fleshed out way of reminding myself who I am and who I always want to be, for those times when I lose myself. It's also a way for me to remind myself of what my goals are, in the "doing" sense, as well as the "being" sense.

That same web site puts this supplement forward:

Personal Branding consists of three elements:

  • Value Proposition: What do you stand for?
  • Differentiation: What makes you stand out?
  • Marketability: What makes you compelling?

So that brings us to our qu
estion of the day: What is your Value Proposition?
I haven't met many people in my life who can honestly answer the question "What do you stand for?" without having to think about it for quite a while. Most of us have probably heard the quote "If we don't stand for something, we'll fall for anything," but how many of us actually apply that quote into our life and CONSCIOUSLY DECIDE to stand for something?

In a few words, I stand for education, peace, free agency, and forward movement. Listed below are the qualities I stand for/want to be known to BE. (Hopefully the resolution is not too bad! Tell me if it is/if you can't read it, please.) As you can see, I am still working on being all those qualities :)



















So, that brings us to the end of today's blog. I look forward to seeing your Value Propositions in the form of a comment! WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR??


Until Tomorrow's Awesome Blog,

Ryan!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)