Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

7.02.2009

I'm Breaking My Own Virginity

How apropos, right?...

This is officially my first blog.
Well, technically, my "first blog" was way back in September (I think) of 2004 -- on MySpace. Back in the day before MySpace became huge and annoying. It was a simply layout, a simple way of connecting to my best friends, and a simple way of procrastinating my homework until 6am........Yes, I was addicted, and ever since, I have rode the Social Networking waves with fun, connection, but not any updated technological skills of my own, ironically....I need to update those skills pretty soon here! Haha.
But, since that blog was 5 years ago (at the tender age of 18), much less "official," and really just a place for me to vent and cry and show the world how awkward I am, I'm counting this as my official "first blog." Oh, but don't you worry, this will still be a great place to come witness me being awkward! :)

This blog is a place where I will come to describe myself. Not necessarily events that have happened to me, or work projects, or anything specific like that. Though those will obviously play a part in the construction of this blog, its focus is, simply, on me (how wonderful!). You may have noticed the title of the blog: Success Through Peace. That is the theme. I will share: how I have gained a more peaceful life; how I have gained a more successful life; what I'm learning as I go down this fabulous journey called life; famous (or unfamous) quotes that ring true to me; random challenges, quizzes, and contests that promote peace and/or success; and anything else that strikes my fancy that I decide to throw in later. :)

So now I open it up to my readers: what do you want to know about me?

AH! First amazing thing I just learned that I am now imparting to you! Every vote TRULY does count. Right now, my readership = 1. Me. And once I tell my mom that I have this blog, she'll read it every now and then. Therefore, when you read this, and you choose to comment, you will have ALL THE POWER!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! But really, you will have an exorbitant amount of power and say over this blog with your comments. And that holds true when (knock on the best wood there is!) there are millions of readers!

So, you're welcome for that first amazing lesson. :) Now go back into the world and use it in ONE place in your life and come back and comment with three things:
1) How amazing you are
2) Where you used that lesson/how you applied it into your life, and what the result was (whether the result was "bad" or "good") and
3) What you want to know about me/what you want me to post about/what you want to read about.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Oh! One last note...I am committing to post AT LEAST one time daily. I will do my best to keep that committment, and I request that if you see me not fulfilling that committment, you call me on it! This will bless both our lives: You'll have an awesome blog to read about, and you will have practiced owning your voice, and I will receive very valuable feedback and will better be able to teach myself to keep my committments to the fullest! :)

With Gratitude and Love,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)