Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

7.09.2009

Squeaking it in...

Okay, blog buddies, it is currently 11:32 pm, and I haven't yet written a blog for the day....I got online to hurry and check Facebook and to make sure I kept my commitment to post daily (except Sundays of course...), and I ended up spending an hour of my hour and a half on Facebook (and I'm technically not even finished playing on it...), so I thought "Wow, Ryan, laaaaame" and then I thought "So you should probably get your ass over to your blog about now and post something!!" So here I am! Voila! :)

So I will keep this short and sweet and hopefully have more time to blog tomorrow so we can move on to some really cool concepts...
Well, not that tonight's blog isn't a really cool concept...in fact, it may be even cooler than tomorrow's blog, to be honest.

So I was staffing Founders tonight, and I decided to take a risk...(AHH!! SCARY!!)
I've been planning a business called Get Smashed! for a couple months now, and I've stalled right there in the planning process (like usual...), and it is my dream business, so I'm sick of getting in my own way -- I want to get it off the ground NOW. SO, I walk outside of The Great Life Foundation building and ask a couple whom I love, trust and know care about me, if they would invest in it so I can get it up and running.

Before I told them my idea, the husband said, "Well, I rarely invest in outside businesses anymore, and if I do, it's only ever in an industry I know, 'cause I've gotten burned through the years by investing in industries I didn't know anything about." This totally makes sense, so I completely honor him for it, and think "Shit, my idea is something most people have never heard of, let alone spent years involving themselves in...I'm probably screwed..." and then he asks "So what's your business idea?" and, totally caught off-guard, I tell him all about it, in a REALLY great presentation, for having none of my financial or presentation materials with me! His interest is piqued and I can tell he enjoys the idea. And he says "Well, you know, you could easily get that up and running with less than $1,000 without even having a building to rent or own or anything like that..." and I asked for more advice/feedback, 'cause I've been married to my idea for months now, so I don't immediately see that, and he and his wife provide some, and I am completely grateful. So I have that info to mull over, and in the meantime, I have a couple thousand dollars to raise in the next week or two.

I go inside Great Life, and I see two very beautiful, wise, loving souls: Jana Holm and Jess Anderson. So I skip over to Jess and take a hug from him and tell him "Thank you for this hug, I need it, I need to feel safe right now." And he asks what is up, and I tell him about the adventure outside, and he provides some love and feedback and I tell him "Yeah, butttttttt..." haha "Yeah, butttttt, I want to start NOW and if I have to start it smaller like the couple is suggesting, then it would take much longer and much more work!" and then we start "randomly" talking about the mirrors that are hanging in the back lobby over the couches. I say "randomly" because we didn't have a purpose for talking about them, but the Universe had a purpose for us talking about them.

For those that don't know or remember, there is one mirror hanging over each couch on both the north side and the south side of the back lobby. These mirrors have, like "doors" on them...shutters I guess, but the shutters are wire design, so even when they're closed, you can still see much of the mirror. I express how I hate it when people close them. I would always walk through the lobby when I worked at Great Life and open them if they were closed, and then I'd walk back through about 5 minutes later, and they'd be closed again! This would happen ALL the time, and I found it so frustrating because it totally disturbed the chi that was running throughout the building. And Great Life deserves to keep its chi flowing well because it is such an emotional space. And Jess says "You know, it doesn't surprise me at all that people close those mirrors. It is so much easier to look through a mirror that's partially closed than a fully open mirror."

WOW. Never was one phrase, so simple, and simultaneously so complex. It was beautiful....poetic, really. And it hits me like a 20-pound sack of flour, getting its white powder all over my face: The closed mirror is the easier way out. It is the path down which you could stroll and never see the full truth, and always be a version of happy. True joy, peace, love, prosperity, whatever it is you want, will only ever come from the path less travelled, that of the fully open mirror. I wanted so badly to take the easy path and only ever see part of the mirror part of the time, so that that way I could deal with it. I could deal with any failure, any feedback, any perceived setbacks if I only saw them one, or a few, at a time. But to have 16 failures punch me in the face all at once, well, dear God, that would be impossible to overcome. "I am NOT that powerful" is exactly what floated through my mind. I almost cried. Instead, I laughed at my ego. and I told it "You know what, Ego? You'll just have to do your best to prove yourself right, because I know you are wrong, and I will do my best to prove MYself right, and I will always beat you out. Truth will always beat lies, and that's all the ego is, is lies." And hot DAMN, I can't wait to see this explode. I will create it, I technically am creating it, even in my sleep, even in my subconscious, I can feel it creeping in right now...those genius ideas, those loving thoughts, those creative inspirations...they are creeping into my head right now to ferment while I sleep and explode when I awake in order to fulfill my drive to succeed. I can feel it, and I just can't get over it. And I LOVE that.

I don't want to stop writing yet, 'cause it is so exciting and fulfilling to write about it and remember the experience and remember how amazing I am, but it is about one minute until midnight, so it is time for me to post this. I will just have to go out and create MANY more experiences like this to revel in again and again and again.

With Love, Peace, Gratitude and Such Heartfelt Appreciation to You, My Reader,

Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)