Apollo%20LeonidasQuantcast

8.24.2010

Walking On The Moon

"Walking On The Moon"
by Apollo Leonidas



I'm walking tonight
Alone again
I'm walking outside
Remembering you and the things you said.

I want you, I desperately feel you
But you are gone.
And I am weak,
I am wrong.

I'm walking again tonight,
But this time with no beauty by my side.
The bushes glare at my
Loneliness, my fear and my hurt inside.

The dark feels deep when you're not around.
The tears sting, rolling silently down.
The moon is loud, it quiets the stars
Their light can't be seen this far.

Much like yours to my eyes,
We shade ourselves in fear.
We stab, we run, and we fly.
No closer do we get when we try to steer.

I hear that I am missed.
No one respects a liar.
I lie here: churning, hurting, dying...
You lie there: scared, sad, wasting your gifts.
No one respects a predator.
You hear nothing but lying.

I'm walking again,
Wishing you were with me.
And I write these words, Hoping
You won't come.

I'm begging, alone tonight,
Knees in the grass, bent to love.
Your face stays clean,
Your voice remains quiet.

You are like this late winter breeze
And you wear Robert Frost well.
I see your heart so you hang me
By my tongue and my heart swells.

And I'm walking alone again tonight.
I search for warmth, somewhere to call home.
I seek and don't find. You don't seek and don't find.
Maybe there's really nothing out there, just the lonely road.

Tonight, I will just walk.
I will wish for the best, as I close my eyes.
The night remains dark;
The moon shuts off its light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to the discussion :)